Women’s March on. . .Well Every State is now hosting a march on Jan. 21st, 2017!! Please Join Us!
FIND YOUR’S AT: https://www.aclu.org/feature/womens-march-state-state-guide
Know your rights in a peaceful protest:
Why this day sucks?
- The U.S. is swearing in a man who
- Abhors 51% of the population
- Appointed a white supremacist to the White House (Steve Bannon)
- Appointed Generals to his cabinet (can you say coop? “Civilian authority should control the military in order to preserve constitutional government” *)
- Thinks people can make money and become RICH by privatizing education (Did he even go to school?)
- Has a vocabulary of a fifth-grade boy (which is a real insult to fifth-grade boys) Sorry guys!
- Never read the United States Constitution (or even a book)
- Defies the U.S. Constitution over and over and over and over. . .again
- Is a heinous embarrassment not only in our country, but throughout the entire world
- The only election in our country that does not adhere to the popular vote is the office of President of the United States. (Say What?)
- No other democracy in the world ignores the popular vote, except the U.S.A.
(“How do other countries elect presidents without an electoral college? Pretty easily.” Washington Post David Weigel, December 20, 2016
- The millennium is only 17 years old and already two, TWO, repugnant white men, who defied the popular vote, were sworn in fraudulently. (Gee, I wish my daddy had nominated the Supreme Court so that I could be president!)
- My vote doesn’t count, contrary to what my civics teacher told me and what I told my civics classes. (And I thought I was a good teacher-Shit!)
- He nominated a racist (Jeff Sessions) to be our country’s main law enforcer (who will never, ever, question white police who shoot unarmed black men, or their police departments. He needs to read the AG’s report on Ferguson, Chicago, Baltimore, and on and on and on. . .oh, but wait, he doesn’t read either)
This list could be a dissertation on the incoming president’s incompetence, his idioms, his ignorance, and on and on and on-But I’ll stop here and get on with tomorrow!!
Why does tomorrow rock?
- Women and men are gathering all over America demonstrating solidarity for everyone’s Human Rights, not only in America, but also around the world.
- We will march to support factions of our population who seek:
- People of Color
- LGBTQ community
- The middle-class
- The poor
- Especially those who fight daily for survival:
- Gender identity
- Ethnic heritage
- Religious beliefs
- Sexual orientation
- We are marching to uphold everyone’s constitutional rights:
- personal freedom
- political freedom
- economic freedom
- PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
- COMMON GOOD
- political equality
- legal equality
- social equality
- economic equality
- POPULAR SOVEREIGNTY
- And to uphold our CONSTITUTIONAL PRINCIPLES
- RULE OF LAW
- SEPARATION OF POWERS
- REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT
- CHECKS AND BALANCES
- INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
- FREEDOM OF RELIGION
- CIVILIAN CONTROL OF THE MILITARY
*Source: CIVITAS: A Framework for Civic Education, a collaborative project of the Center for Civic Education and the Council for the Advancement of Citizenship, National Council for the Social Studies Bulletin No. 86, 1991. You can obtain a copy of “Civitas” by calling 1-800-350-4223